Posted by on
IAME USA (East and West) have collaborated with IAME S.P.A., MG Tires, and related parties to bring stability to the North American karting marketplace.
“It’s no secret,” remarked Eric Jones of IAME USA East. “Many karting engine manufacturers and race promotion entities have either closed up shop or created an unsustainable business model. Our goal was to address this head on, in every way imaginable. Economics aside, the IAME platform also represents a truly universal competition medium. There are literally dozens of clubs, series, and championships a customer can race using the very same product.”
Throughout the last couple weeks, principles of IAME USA, IAME SPA, MG Tires Brazil, and other key constituents have convened to outline a concrete structure in the North American continent. One that is stable, secure, and most of all economically sound.
“We’re excited to introduce a viable trade in program for every karter in America,” remarked IAME USA West Principal Tom Kutscher. “We believe heavily in the IAME product and we know it will succeed in serving the North American karting consumer for decades to come.”
Effective immediately, IAME USA East and West are pleased to announce the 2017 IAME Trade In Program. This trade in program was formed as an effort to stabilize North American karting and to shore up a depreciating marketplace. Program details are as follows:
- Competitors will be able to trade in their
ROTAX engines for new IAME product for a special limited time price as follows:
- $800.00 USD for Micro and Mini Swift plus shipping and applicable taxes.
- $1,200.00 USD for X30 Junior and Senior plus shipping and applicable taxes.
- Each racer who participates in the trade-in will also receive one free set of MG or Evinco tires, courtesy of MG Tires Brazil.
- All Rotax EVO engines and Rotax non-EVO engines with lettered cylinders are eligible for trade in. Engines traded MUST be solid, running engines and all components must be traded with kit including but not limited to engine, carb, fuel pump, electronics/wiring, battery, exhaust, hoses, radiator, etc. Rotax engine passport must also be included.
- IAME USA East and IAME USA West have always made dealers a top priority and will be included in this program. Please include your IAME dealer’s name in the trade-in form to make sure your dealer gets credit for your trade.
- Kart shops and race teams with multiple engines will be allowed. IAME USA reserves the right to limit the number of engines traded if needed. Please contact IAME USA East or IAME USA West directly regarding multiple engine trade ins.
- The IAME Trade In Program Form along with trade in procedures, instructions, and additional details can be found at www.iameusaeast.com or www.iameusawest.com under Tech Docs / IAME Trade In Program.
- IAME USA reserves the right to approve or deny any engine trade in request.*
The IAME family together with the MG Tires leadership, have banded together to create unmatched support for North American stakeholders. “Much is made about our involvement with the national programs,” explained MG’s Gianfranco Ventre. “But we realize the local shops and clubs represent our core customer. It’s very important for us to support these entities during this time of transition in the sport. We are very pleased to be able to offer support from MG Tires as part of this program.”
In addition to the IAME trade in program, IAME USA would like to remind all current and future IAME racers that the announced engine freeze on specifications for both the Swift and X30 packages has been reaffirmed for many years to come. This rules freeze, since inception in 2013, has played a substantial role in the success of the IAME platform in North America the last four years with only minor changes being made to further enhance the IAME program.
In the coming weeks, IAME USA will also be announcing the details of a Florida Winter Series for the 2018 winter season. Please stay tuned for more information.
IAME manufactures high quality, reliable kart racing engines with consistent performance. They offer customers the best products, service, and driving experience available on the market. http://iame.it
MG Tires is a Brazilian company founded in 1989 that is one of the largest karting tire manufacturers in the world. Its founder, Antonio Francesco Ventre, an Italian immigrant, came to Brazil in 1945 looking for a promising future. Enthusiastic about automobilism, he has transmitted this passion to his sons, who have been in charge of the company for over 20 years. http://mgtires.com
IAME Italy, a world leader in the production of karting engines since 1968, is excited to make a significant announcement in regards to its North American distribution chain. In an effort to consolidate IAME’s presence on the continent, a new importer partnership has been formed to advance the product line into the future, and [...]